Win 10 drivers lost after reboot

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
Paso

Win 10 drivers lost after reboot

Post by Paso »

Hi awesome app.

I have had previous versions of the windows server working in win 7 and win 10. Recently I started fiddling as I got another android device to use as a server which works fine, Then I saw that win 3.0.0 driver was out so I installed that.

So I can get the win server drivers installed, I can connect and control my pc from multiple clients. When I reboot the driver doesn't seem to persist.
It stays in device manager, when I try to run it (as admin) it gives me Failure: could not find droidmote drivers. You must install droidmote drivers for use the server

If I install another time I get additional devices in device manager, but it still won't let me start it after a reboot. I have test mode on and I have tried to install with digital signing disabled and without doing that. Either way it still won't persist after a reboot. I thought I may left 2.1.7 server in the way. I have uninstalled using that version too, and tried what I attempted at a clean install by removing any reference to droidmote.

I am quite stuck at this point and miss the auto start droidmote that I had previously working for months or years.

Cheers.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Win 10 drivers lost after reboot

Post by zulu99 »

Paso wrote:Hi awesome app.

I have had previous versions of the windows server working in win 7 and win 10. Recently I started fiddling as I got another android device to use as a server which works fine, Then I saw that win 3.0.0 driver was out so I installed that.

So I can get the win server drivers installed, I can connect and control my pc from multiple clients. When I reboot the driver doesn't seem to persist.
It stays in device manager, when I try to run it (as admin) it gives me Failure: could not find droidmote drivers. You must install droidmote drivers for use the server

If I install another time I get additional devices in device manager, but it still won't let me start it after a reboot. I have test mode on and I have tried to install with digital signing disabled and without doing that. Either way it still won't persist after a reboot. I thought I may left 2.1.7 server in the way. I have uninstalled using that version too, and tried what I attempted at a clean install by removing any reference to droidmote.

I am quite stuck at this point and miss the auto start droidmote that I had previously working for months or years.

Cheers.
As i wrote in the README inside the rar archive, after the installation, with administrator permissions you must type in command prompt:

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

This serve to make possible the execution of not signed drivers also after the restart.

It is understood that for the first installation you must select from the advanced startup list Disable driver signature as you already know.

Therefore now, uninstall all by typing two times the uninstall.bat and reinstall from scratch. The uninstall.bat remove the previous installed drivers.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Paso

Post by Paso »

Reinstalling from scratch allows the install. It still requires the drivers to be reinstalled on reboot though. Once rebooted it comes up with the cannot find drivers error. Install from there gets it up and running it just won't persist after a reboot.

I think I will just have to make a batch file that does an uninstall>install>run. I can't see any other way around it atm.

btw I am using avg antivirus, however there is an exception added for droidmote.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Paso wrote:Reinstalling from scratch allows the install. It still requires the drivers to be reinstalled on reboot though. Once rebooted it comes up with the cannot find drivers error. Install from there gets it up and running it just won't persist after a reboot.

I think I will just have to make a batch file that does an uninstall>install>run. I can't see any other way around it atm.

btw I am using avg antivirus, however there is an exception added for droidmote.
You used the command that i wrote above ?
If you see an error after the command, mean that you must disable secure boot inside the UEFI
You have secure boot active.
something like this video : https://youtu.be/S0sY0DWtRNw

Please let me know what the system say after you type with admin permissions
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

http://mywindowshub.com/solved-the-valu ... r-deleted/

I don't have this pronlem on Windows 10 and i use it every day. Maybe some new PC have an extra protection that for sure you can disable.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Paso

Post by Paso »

I don't have UEFI or secure boot, my bios is older. Also I haven't messed around in the bios and droidmote worked successfully for many months.

bcdedit.exe -set (or /set) TESTSIGNING ON gives the operation completed successfully.

For a longtime I didn't have this issue and droidmote was working fine in win 10. This all started in the last few days, which happened to be when I updated it to version 3.0.0

It is really odd. The work around I made works. with a batch file that does this:

call c:\dms\droidmote-win-drivers\x64\uninstall.bat

call c:\dms\droidmote-win-drivers\x64\install.bat

droidmote.exe 2302 password

so with a shortcut to that batch file in startup I can get droidmote to automatically load and work, the only thing that messes up is joytokey as I need to refresh it to find the new joystick every time, no big deal and not your problem though.

The only thing I can think off being a problem and possible recent change is perhaps my permissions are screwed up since I shared directory. Like I said it seems really odd that I can't get it to keep the drivers after a reboot, which is really frustrating when it has previously worked for many months.

I have it working enough and still love your app. Perhaps I will just have to leave it at that.

Cheers
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Paso wrote:I don't have UEFI or secure boot, my bios is older. Also I haven't messed around in the bios and droidmote worked successfully for many months.

bcdedit.exe -set (or /set) TESTSIGNING ON gives the operation completed successfully.

For a longtime I didn't have this issue and droidmote was working fine in win 10. This all started in the last few days, which happened to be when I updated it to version 3.0.0

It is really odd. The work around I made works. with a batch file that does this:

call c:\dms\droidmote-win-drivers\x64\uninstall.bat

call c:\dms\droidmote-win-drivers\x64\install.bat

droidmote.exe 2302 password

so with a shortcut to that batch file in startup I can get droidmote to automatically load and work, the only thing that messes up is joytokey as I need to refresh it to find the new joystick every time, no big deal and not your problem though.

The only thing I can think off being a problem and possible recent change is perhaps my permissions are screwed up since I shared directory. Like I said it seems really odd that I can't get it to keep the drivers after a reboot, which is really frustrating when it has previously worked for many months.

I have it working enough and still love your app. Perhaps I will just have to leave it at that.

Cheers
in version 3 the driver was not changed, only the server .exe
However thanks for your answer.