Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
zulu99
Site Admin

Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

In this section i accept tips for suggestions and improvements
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
justeric

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by justeric »

I have a problem :- whenever I exit the client app, the server becomes unreachable. I have to uninstall and reinstall the client's app before the client can reach the server.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

justeric wrote:I have a problem :- whenever I exit the client app, the server becomes unreachable. I have to uninstall and reinstall the client's app before the client can reach the server.
Is the first time I've heard this thing, and also has no logical sense.
The Windows Server is very solid and accept also many clients, it stop work only when you stop it.
For sure you have same network connection problem.
I would be so sure, because you're the first, after thousands and thousands of people who use the windows server, to tell me this.

To be sure ping the phone from the pc in cmd shell, and the pc from the phone in terminal emulator.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
justeric

Post by justeric »

yes, you are right that the problem is one associated with the wireless network connection. It is now ok when I use a fixed ip for the server.
ngavrikov

Post by ngavrikov »

It would be great to send MEDIA_PLAY VOL_UP VOL_DN instead of hardcoded Windows media player keys like Ctrl+p F8 F9.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ngavrikov wrote:It would be great to send MEDIA_PLAY VOL_UP VOL_DN instead of hardcoded Windows media player keys like Ctrl+p F8 F9.
from 2.1.0 version you have this feature.
AEnim4

Post by AEnim4 »

Obviously advanced users can install the droidmote server for windows, and they better do it 'cause I've tried about 10 different apps so far of this kind and Droidmote is the best one.
On the other hand, there are many advanced users who can't or do not want to disable driver checks and other non advanced users who are afraid of doing so, would it be so hard or costly to have the driver signed? that would be a major upgrade for the app.

Thanks for the app! awesome job!