Connecting to the Server

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
victormungen

Connecting to the Server

Post by victormungen »

Hi,

I downloaded the client and the server apps (client= Android phone, server = windows 8 tablet) and successfully got the droidmote to connect. It works well But...

I'm wondering what the install location is of the server app? (It does not appear under "Control Panel" as an application on my pc). Was it truly "installed" on the windows 8 O/S or is it just saved to my desktop?

Also, in order to re-connect to the server, Do I have to go into the cmd prompt each time and enter the server file location,the port, and the password etc?

(Sorry for the silly question, the app works great but the connection process seems a little tedious)
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to the Server

Post by zulu99 »

only the folder droidmote-windows-server you need, not other bloatware.

but first you have installed the drivers and you can see this in your hardware tab.

you can place the droidmote folder when you want, and if you not want see the cmd you can create a service.

I left only the exe file, because it is more manageable and if you know something of windows you can do what you want.

Look the thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62 to know ho to create a service or use an alternetive that you can find in internet.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto