Multiple devices

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
Pivu

Multiple devices

Post by Pivu »

Hi there, I have a problem which i cannot solve :(.

I'm trying to connect 2 phones to my PC but they both just act as the same joypad. In the FAQ it says that I can connect up to 10 devices, but how can I make them separate? I'd like to use the accelerometer to play some racing games with my friends in split screen mode. My droidmote server is running on Windows 7.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Multiple devices

Post by zulu99 »

In Android and Linux you have real different input devices if you connect many phones.

In windows instead you can connect many devices, but only with different touch profiles can do different things.

In essence only in windows when you connect multiple phones, you control the same mouse, same keyboard, and same gamepad, but different touch actions.

In Android and Linux you have many mouse, many keyboard, many gamepad, and many different touch actions.

But if you have Windows 8, you can create different touch profile for every phone, and every phone can do different actions. Windows 8 have also multiple window focus, this mean that on the same desktop you can have multiple applications or games opened and every phone can use a different application or game.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Pivu

Post by Pivu »

Well, I managed to get it working ^^.

I'm running two droidmote.bat files, one with port 2302 and the second with 2303, so both phones work as seperate devices.

I think you can add this info to your FAQ, cuz I've been looking for an answer for couple of hours and found nothing on the internet :P.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

You can run only one DroidMote server on windows and connect many devices.
Is not necessary to run more servers.

But for Windows is valid what I sayd in the previous post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto