Auto Starting the Server ?

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
donmanolito

Auto Starting the Server ?

Post by donmanolito »

Hi...

I'd like to put the server on my TV HTPC and start it autmatically when windows starts. How can I do that?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Auto Starting the server?

Post by zulu99 »

There is many mode to start an executable automatically when windows start.

The easiest way is to place it in the folder Startup, for example for Droidmote, put droidmote.bat in the Startup folder.

But using this simple method, at logout and at login the program is not running, this mean that you must enable the automatic login.

Instead, the best way to run a program as DroidMote at startup, is running it as service.

Look this usefull link to understand how to run a program as service. http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=197

In the "string data" field put this: C:\path-of-droidmote\droidmote.exe 2302 password
where path-of-droidmote is the folder where you have the DroidMote Server executable and 2302 password is the port and the password that you can change
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

Great thanks so much :)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

To start the server in background you can create a vbs file with the follow content inside: ( for example a file with name run-dms-in-background.vbs )

Code: Select all

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
cmds=WshShell.RUN("droidmote.exe 2302 password", 0, True)
Set WshShell = Nothing
To start aumatically at login, you can copy the shortcut of this file in:

C:\Users\your-user-name-here\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

For the DroidMote Server Lite version, since it require root to work for some games, you can create a vb script like this:

Code: Select all

Set objSA = CreateObject ("Shell.Application")
objSA.ShellExecute "droidmote.exe","2302 password","","runas",0
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto