Connecting to a Windows server

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
reaxprs

Connecting to a Windows server

Post by reaxprs »

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed the DroidMote Client software to an Android smartphone (ZTE Score x500).

I've downloaded and installed the x32 version of DroidMote Server software to a Windows (32-bit) 7 netbook.

I started the DroidMote client app on the Android smartphone.

Starting the batch program, the netbook is just sitting doing nothing, but has the following message:

Waiting for incoming connections on ip:
127.0.0.1 on port 2302.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to a Windows server

Post by zulu99 »

Nothing all OK but your PC not have a valid IP. Is not connected to any local network.
The 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address. When you PC is connected to a router in local network, you must see different IP.

Your PC is not connected to the router is offline.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
reaxprs

Post by reaxprs »

I guess I was under the impression that either by wireless or bluetooth that I could have my smartphone control my netbook. For example, I am a speaker and would like to do different things with the screen on the netbook when I am presenting.

There is no other way for my smartphone to communicate with the netbook? Please excuse my ignorant question here.

Thanks

reaxprs
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Well i understand what you want do, you want connect the phone and the pc without a router and have DroidMote working.

This mini guide is for you:

1) On your phone go in settings and active the Tethering and portable hotspot function (your phone becomes a router )
2) On your Pc search the new wireless network thant you have creatd on your phone
3) Connect the pc to the phone
4) Start DroidMote Server on your Windows Pc (now you see a different ip)
5) Start and connect DroidMote Client to the IP of DroidMote Server

That's all, the procedure is valid for any thing you do when you do not have a router (also for other applications)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
reaxprs

Post by reaxprs »

I thank you very much for the time you have spent answering my simplistic questions.

Before your most recent answer, I went ahead and setup a wireless router connected to my netbook and I actually, got DroidMote to work. So now, I can use my Android phone as a mouse. I have to get used to the sensitivity of the mouse (I understand that I can change the sensitivity in the DroidMote settings area). So I know that DroidMote works! ;-)

You've provided an interesting solution to using DroidMote without a wireless router. To that end, I found the following which, at least in theory, could turn my Android phone into a proxy server:
http://lifehacker.com/5447347/how-to-te ... roid-phone

Is it possible for my configuration (Android smartphone and Windows netbook) to work with bluetooth?

Thanks again.

reaxprs
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

With the method that i explained, if in your phone you have an internet connection 3G the Pc already go in internet without problem.

DroidMote not support Bluetooth, Bluetooth is slow and cover small distance, we are in 2013 we have Tethering and portable hotspot, Wifi-Direct and NFC. :D

I invented DroidMote, because I totally hate the bluetooth. with mouse and keyboard bluetooth I not have freedom to move around the house.
But not only that, with the bluetooth are limited in many other things, but the most important are: I can not handle multiple devices at the same time and I have to stay close to the device you want to control, instead I see my pc in other rooms wirelessly.

And in all this, I have not considered all the time that is lost to pair a Bluetooth device. I hate Bluetooth :?
altasaire

Post by altasaire »

Hi!
I have a similar problem.
I've turned on the tethering/portable hotspot function in my android device, and swiched on Droidmote Client. I've installed drivers and run the droidmote.bat file, which shows up a command line prompt with

Waiting for incoming connections on ip:
192.168.43.131 on port 2302

When I enter this same IP adress on Droidmote Client it shows up a prompt of "The server is not reachable" :(

Could you elp me out, what might be the problem? According to the Devices Manager in the User panel the drivers have installed okay, so it's probably not them.
idgforum

Post by idgforum »

*** If, when launch the server, you have a notification MSVCR100.DLL missing, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) in any operating system you have 64 bit or 32 bit *** in FAQ 21 but windows 8 wanted install and says I already have a more modern version.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

idgforum wrote:*** If, when launch the server, you have a notification MSVCR100.DLL missing, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) in any operating system you have 64 bit or 32 bit *** in FAQ 21 but windows 8 wanted install and says I already have a more modern version.
Redistributable Package (x86) and not x64 otherwise download the missing dll and copy it manually in your system (you can try to copy in the droidmote folder)
idgforum

Post by idgforum »

Tank You :mrgreen: