Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Linux
zulu99
Site Admin

Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

In this section i accept tips for suggestions and improvements
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
luca.crt

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by luca.crt »

With ubuntu 12.10 the power button doesn't shutdown pc but restart it..there are solutions?
Thanks for this awesome program.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

i can resolv in next version.
thanks for your suggestion.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
mrman26

Post by mrman26 »

Wasn't sure where else to post this really... but will we see a server come to Mac OS X anytime soon?
ricardo85x

Post by ricardo85x »

mrman26 wrote:but will we see a server come to Mac OS X anytime soon?

I would like that too.
stuartiannaylor

Post by stuartiannaylor »

Having a WoL function would be amazing as have been using on old HP 6200 SFF i3 pcs to create really good Kodi boxes.
Kodi sort of sucks without chrome and hence why using Droidmote for keyboard entry.
But bung on chrome and your TV and Kodi box jumps into the 80/20 area where who really cares about the 20% and it does everything.

Because I am using older pcs rather than low wattage arm boards its great to be able to turn off the PC and just use WoL when needed.
You have the IP and you can ARP the mac so it would be great if there was a setting to use WoL and send a magic packet.

PS for any Kodi nuts out there I gave up on Libre elec and the rest and Arch Linux boots just as fast, has chrome and a much easier full OS.
Droid mote is in the Aur but the service doesn't seem to start just test it in a terminal with 2303 password after /usr/bin/droidmote $PORT $PASSWORD before blaming droidmote.

That brings me onto the downloads for different OS and why not just make getting the binary easier with some howto's on services or even just links.
The unbuntu scripts that I tried to hack just sent me onto wild goose chase.

I will do a repo for x86 & Arm with Kodi, Chrome & Droidmote as its such a sweet combination and many thanks Zulu and hopefully maybe a few might brush past the adds and earn you a few$

Droidmote rocks and I did try others.