Ubuntu- run at atartup

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Linux
StevensDroidMoteAcct

Ubuntu- run at atartup

Post by StevensDroidMoteAcct »

Hello,

I am an Ubuntu & Linux newcomer attempting to use DroidMote for HTPC use cases. The product currently runs from the terminal with no issues.

I am interested in running the server at startup. My understanding is that this requires saving a .local file to /etc that includes the curl script listed on the Download page. Is that information correct? I seem to be unable to save a file in that folder, probably for permission issues I haven't researched yet.

I don't see a specific application or file saved in my Downloads whenever I run the script as one would with Windows, and don't see a specific file called "DroidMote Server" in my applications. Is there something else I should be doing instead?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu- run at atartup

Post by zulu99 »

StevensDroidMoteAcct wrote:Hello,

I am an Ubuntu & Linux newcomer attempting to use DroidMote for HTPC use cases. The product currently runs from the terminal with no issues.

I am interested in running the server at startup. My understanding is that this requires saving a .local file to /etc that includes the curl script listed on the Download page. Is that information correct? I seem to be unable to save a file in that folder, probably for permission issues I haven't researched yet.

I don't see a specific application or file saved in my Downloads whenever I run the script as one would with Windows, and don't see a specific file called "DroidMote Server" in my applications. Is there something else I should be doing instead?
go in the download page https://www.videomap.it/download.htm and copy and paste the installation script for ubuntu, all will be automatic. also the start on boot.

for future updates, run again the script
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
StevensDroidMoteAcct

Post by StevensDroidMoteAcct »

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I know about copying and pasting the script. I want my machine to copy and paste the script automatically for me at startup (when the machine turns on and loads Ubuntu). I am asking how to do that or if there's a better way.

Currently if I turn on my machine, DroidMote Server doesn't immediately start, which is not ideal since this machine doesn't have its own keyboard, and copying & pasting the script into the terminal is therefore impossible. I would like it to do so since I can then use an Android device immediately.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

StevensDroidMoteAcct wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your response. I know about copying and pasting the script. I want my machine to copy and paste the script automatically for me at startup (when the machine turns on and loads Ubuntu). I am asking how to do that or if there's a better way.

Currently if I turn on my machine, DroidMote Server doesn't immediately start, which is not ideal since this machine doesn't have its own keyboard, and copying & pasting the script into the terminal is therefore impossible. I would like it to do so since I can then use an Android device immediately.
The script already do everything.
The script Install droidmote and the necessary to start it at boot.
You don't need other things.

Start the script and when you reboot, droidmote start automatically.

Follow the script to see how i start droidmote at boot if is just question of curiosity.

If instead droidmote not start automatically on your pc, let me know what linux distro and version you are using.

I tested on ubuntu many times and all ok.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto