Nothing works on Arch Linux

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Linux
Mixu

Nothing works on Arch Linux

Post by Mixu »

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this app, it looks pretty good!

But my problem is that I install the client on my Galaxy Nexus, and the server on my Arch Linux, then... they both connect correctly but when I touch anything I can't see the mouse moving, neither any key responding.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Nothing works on Arch Linux

Post by zulu99 »

You must be root and after run DroidMote server on your OS
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Mixu

Post by Mixu »

Yup, I already tried it, but nothing happened :(
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Well if you have already the root permission and nothing happen when you press button, you not have the uinput module in the kernel.

Or recompile the kernel with uinput inside or compile the module ad external loadable module.

Ubuntu and recent Linux distro already have uinput inside.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Mixu

Post by Mixu »

Oh! I got it!
I only had to give permissions to the /dev/uinput file.
It's strange, because when I was root it wouldn't work...

Anyway, thanks for you quick replies :)

A little suggestion, what about multitouch?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DroidMote in Linux simulate real multitouch as in Android and Windows.

But in Linux there are very few applications and window managers that support multitouch.

Unity in Ubuntu have same multitouch futures, for example when you scroll with two finger in the Software Center app.

There are tools like Ginn that is a deamon with jinn-like wish-granting capabilities: it gives applications the ability to support a subset of multi-touch gestures without having to integrate GEIS or multi-touch-enabled GTK/Qt libraries.

personally i tested all the multitouch futures of DroidMote on the Qt libraries and this is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eda-ozF4R94

in essence, the multitouch on standard Linux distributions, it is going too slow, the fault lies with the xorg-server, which is updated slowly and with many bugs related to multitouch.

A bug known for a long time and still not included and resolved in the stable release is this: (very negative)
http://askubuntu.com/questions/153043/i ... ch-monitor

if you think about it over, what did Apple and Google ? have taken the best of linux, they removed the window manager and created a windows manager with multitouch.....
Mixu

Post by Mixu »

Heheh, that's true!
I read there was a reimplementation of the Xserver or similar called Wayland.
So as I undertood, droidmote send the multitouch but it's the Xorg that can't work with it.

Ok thanks! I'll try some more things!