Re: Hot to create a Touch Profile

Sharing of touch profiles for games and apps according to screen resolution
zulu99
Site Admin

How to create a Touch Profile

Post by zulu99 »

Is very simple:
1) Get a screen shot of your game in wich you see the touch controls that you want map
2) Download the Windows app "Touch Profile Creator" in the download sections.
3) Map your game controls
4) Put the touch profile xml file in the sdcard of your device in wich you have installed DroidMote Client (you can put it in the sdcard, or in sdcard/Download, or in sdcard/droidmote)

ATTENTION: Every touch profile is compatible also with other devices with the same screen resolution, the only thing that you must be careful, when you create a profile touch, is the field orientation in the app "Touch Profile Creator". The field Orientation depends on the orientation of your device, for example a default orientation of a phone is portrait, when you play a game in landscape mode you must set the orientation to +90 or -90 because the default orientation 0 is when you have a game playable in portrait mode. For a Tablet, instead, the default orientation is landscape and when you play a game in landscape mode you have to leave the default orientation 0, if the game in the tablet is playable in portrait, you must set the orientation field to +90 or -90

IF YOUR DEVICE HAVE THE SAME SCREEN SIZE BUT HAVE OR NOT HAVE THE STATUS BAR RESPECT TO THE MY DEVICES, IS NOT SUFFICIENT CHANGE ONLY THE ORIENTATION, BUT YOU MUST CREATE YOUR OWN TOUCH PROFILE, BECAUSE THE STATUS BAR CHANGE THE BUTTON POSITION ON SCREEN.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
hydrosity

Post by hydrosity »

The Bards Tale

PS. Why isn't there a touch profile creator android app? I don't own any icky windows machines only Linux. Plus I feel that it is excess hassle to need to bust out my laptop in order to do this. (On top of the fact I already have my phone and tablet out...) the reason I got this and paid for the app was because I didn't like how the sixaxis app wanted me to have to bust out a windows machine too :roll:
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

hydrosity wrote:The Bards Tale

PS. Why isn't there a touch profile creator android app? I don't own any icky windows machines only Linux. Plus I feel that it is excess hassle to need to bust out my laptop in order to do this. (On top of the fact I already have my phone and tablet out...) the reason I got this and paid for the app was because I didn't like how the sixaxis app wanted me to have to bust out a windows machine too :roll:
If you look inside the touch profile file, you undestand that this is a simple xml file that can be edited also with a note pad.

Inside this xml file there is a real screen coordinate. you can create a touch profile also with an image editor like Gimp

example:

you get a screenshot of your game, open it on Gimp, put the mouse on a position and get the pixel coordinate. For the left stick and the right stick you must also add a radius in pixel. When you have the pixel coordinate like (324,800) you put this inside the xml file.

it is easier to do than to explain. I usually open the xml file with es file explorer in android and edit it manually :)

you can create a touch profile also online with a web app to make the hml image map

The touch profiles of DroidMote are very very simple to understand if you open the xml file.

The last consideration: for people like you that not want create a touch profile, we can create many touch profiles for you in this forum.
You can download with your android and linux device ? :lol:
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Gaurav277

Post by Gaurav277 »

Hi Zulu

I managed to do some work on touch profile for Granny Smith. I have only one question now. This game has 2 buttons only but left button we need to keep it pressed and hold ( to show that stick is hanging on the rope). I have mapped the Left Stick to left button of screen. How do I send the HOLD and Release events for left stick now ?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Gaurav277 wrote:Hi Zulu

I managed to do some work on touch profile for Granny Smith. I have only one question now. This game has 2 buttons only but left button we need to keep it pressed and hold ( to show that stick is hanging on the rope). I have mapped the Left Stick to left button of screen. How do I send the HOLD and Release events for left stick now ?
create a button on top of this , and when you press the button you hold.
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

Just an idea, why don't you attach the .xml file you created in the "How To" video?
Like this, we can see the result and have a better understanding of how to edit a Touch profile our selves.(without the Touch profile creator)
Btw, could you please explain what the value of "radius" and "dead zone" represents? what are maximum values in these parameters?
Cheers
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Now everything is easier and faster with Touch Profile Creator for Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... deomap.tpc
denn1

Post by denn1 »

Dear admin, thank you! Droidmote is awesome!
But please, answer to me. My question is:
Why your Touch Profile Creator is not able to assign accelerometer? If you will create this thing, then Droidmote users will play in games like NFS Most Wanted with accelerometer.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

denn1 wrote:Dear admin, thank you! Droidmote is awesome!
But please, answer to me. My question is:
Why your Touch Profile Creator is not able to assign accelerometer? If you will create this thing, then Droidmote users will play in games like NFS Most Wanted with accelerometer.
Because the acceleroemeter of DroidMote Client simulate a third stick of a real hardware controller. If the game not support an hardware controller you can't use the accelerometer.
What is strange is that a beatiful game like NFS Most Wanted not support external hardware controllers instead other good car racing games like Asphalt have the support for controllers and you can use also the accelerometer of DroidMote Client.

However you can use NFS Most Wanted creating a touch profile, but you can't use the accelerometer.
denn1

Re: How to create a Touch Profile

Post by denn1 »

Thank you for answer.
I made touch profile for NFS Most Wanted. This way, I control virtual steering wheel via left stick of soft pad in Droidmote.
In xml file I see:
<left-stick x="128" y="635" radius="123" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></left-stick>
That's OK.

But why your Touch Profile Creator is not able to assign accelerometer?
For example:
<accelerometer x="128" y="635" radius="123" mode="normal" sensitivity="0" deadzone="1"></accelerometer>

If you will add this function in next version of Droidmote, this will be great. Then we will be able to play all games with accelerometer, even if they don't support hardware controller.