not working on cubieboard with Linaro-Precise-Alip

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Linux on ARM cpu
seahorse

not working on cubieboard with Linaro-Precise-Alip

Post by seahorse »

Hi,
I successfully installed the droid server (droidmote-server-linux-arm-hf-v2.1.4) on my cubieboard with Linaro-Precise-Alip-20121124-519_1GB_v2. (cpu=allwinner A10)
The server is running and I am connected. But I can't move the mouse cursor or do anything else.
However, whenever I touch my screen I can see the transmission to my cubieboard (because of the led on the ethernet connector on the cubieboard)
I was thinking that the problem is the uinput.ko but I can't find this anywhere. Or is this only necessary for the android server?
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: not working on cubieboard with Linaro-Precise-Alip

Post by zulu99 »

start droidmote with superuser permissions

sudo ./droidmote 2302 password
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

That's what I did, but the cursor is not moving :cry:

root@linaro-alip:/home/linaro/Downloads/droidmote-server-linux-arm-hf-v2.1.4# sudo ./droidmote 2302 password

Waiting for incoming connections on ip:
192.168.88.110 on port 2302
Client connected with thread -1228303248
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Try to asign 644 permissions to uinput

chmod 644 /dev/uinput

Or

chmod 644 /dev/input/uinput

And after start the server in same mode.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

Hi,
well as stated, I can't find uinput.ko on my file system. Actually I found one but it's for another kernel.
I have following kernel:
root@linaro-alip:/home/linaro/Downloads# uname -r
3.4.24-a10-aufs+
I can't find the right uinput.ko for this kernel. Does anyone know where I could find it?
Or maybe the source code and some guideline how to build my own uinput.ko for this kernel?
Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

recompile the kernel with uinput inside. All standard Linux distro have in the kernel this module.

Contact the developer of your distro and say to it that you need uinput like all other Linux distro otherwise many programs and drivers can't work.

But you are sure that in your distro you don't have uinput ? Is very strange

i think the kernel is this : https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-su ... cubieboard

if this is your kernel config https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-su ... _defconfig you have right, the uinput is not present. BUt this kernel version is more recent.
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

Well I guess I'm stuck :cry:
I checked the modules.builtin in my armhf distro and indeed the uinput.ko is not there, neither in the lib/modules.
And I don't seem to find how to just build this uinput.ko module myself.
Building my own distro? I don't think so, I'm not that experienced in Linux to pull this off.
So if ever anyone comes across a workable solution please let me know, I would be most grateful.
Anyway, thanks for this great product, I had fun playing with it on my ubuntu laptop.
Cheers
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

You must only recompile the kernel with uinput inside. When you have the exact kernel version source code is a question of 10 minutes.

Do you know where is exactly the exact version of your kernel source code ? To which link ?

Please get another module from your distro and attach it to me in this thread. I want read the exact vermagic.
When i have little time i can do something.
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

Hi,
the kernel is
root@linaro-alip:/boot# dmesg | grep Linux\ \version
[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.4.24-a10-aufs+ (max@lynx) (gcc version 4.7.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-1ubuntu1) ) #33 PREEMPT Sun Feb 24 21:17:26 CET 2013

I got the image Linaro-Precise-Alip-20121124-519_1GB_v2 for my cubieboard from
http://linux-sunxi.org/More-images
I have no idea where the source can be found
Also note that I use berryboot to select the distro I want to run, I don't know if this has any impact?
Thanks again for your kind help!
Cheers
seahorse

Post by seahorse »

Hi,
I have been doing some more looking around today and I found the 3.4.24 kernel source.
In there I found the source for uinput which I have attached here but if you know a guide on how I can build this into a uinput.ko I happily give it a try.
Cheers