Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Client
djp090

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by djp090 »

Hello
I have 2 suggestions for the client:
1) in mouse mode or touchmode, sometimes when I'm playing a game looking at the tv, I press the home button and the game closes.
Could it be a full-screen mouse/touchmode, like in gamepad mode, without home, return etc buttons?

2) could the accelerometer be mapped into the left pad? I have read lot of explanations about the accelerometer, but I think this mapping should be easy to do and will allow all games to be played with accelerometer
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

djp090 wrote:Hello
I have 2 suggestions for the client:
1) in mouse mode or touchmode, sometimes when I'm playing a game looking at the tv, I press the home button and the game closes.
Could it be a full-screen mouse/touchmode, like in gamepad mode, without home, return etc buttons?

2) could the accelerometer be mapped into the left pad? I have read lot of explanations about the accelerometer, but I think this mapping should be easy to do and will allow all games to be played with accelerometer
For the first question:
To play game you have the soft gamepad, that act as real controller and touch simulation controller. The use of the touchpad is understood as mouse , touchmouse and multitouch touchpad.

For the second question:
Yes. you can use the accelerometer like the left or the right stick of a real controller in all games that support an external controller.
read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=659&start=10#p1322
and this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=644#p1232
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rdz

Post by rdz »

Hi,

Could u make a iphone version of the client? i have android tv-device and i would love to control it from my iphone.

/RDZ
RmatriX1218

Post by RmatriX1218 »

Touch profile

After I bought TV stick (SS808/MK808), I am not using my PC much. I don't like to start my PC specifically just to create touch profile.
Is it possible to create touch profile on TV stick directly?

I guess something like this can be done..at least for games with only two (left and right) touch zones
Droidmote enables multitouch (shown by circles on TV stick). So,
1. Option -> lock multitouch zone (or something like long press with two touch to simplify), this will generate two circles of touch zone (as currently we are seeing in multitouch mode)
2. Select touch zone 1 -> move touch 1 circle to select left touch zone on screen
3. Select touch zone 2 -> move touch 2 circle to select left touch zone on screen
4. Press OK or lock

Under this mode, you can easily play games that requires only specific left and right zones. And you don't require PC also.

To unlock these touch zone -> long press with single touch
To lock again -> long press with 2 touch zones, this shall again lock last touch zones locked (can be saved somewhere)

This is just how I visualize it. Please check if something like this can be done.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

RmatriX1218 wrote:Touch profile

After I bought TV stick (SS808/MK808), I am not using my PC much. I don't like to start my PC specifically just to create touch profile.

I guess something like this can be done..at least for games with only two (left and right) touch zones
1. Option -> lock multitouch zone (or something like long press with two touch to simplify), this will generate two circles of touch zone (as currently we are seeing in multitouch mode)
2. Select touch zone 1 -> move touch 1 circle to select left touch zone on screen
3. Select touch zone 2 -> move touch 2 circle to select left touch zone on screen
4. Press OK or lock

Under this mode, you can easily play games that requires only specific left and right zones. And you don't require PC also.

To lock again -> long press with 2 touch zones, this shall again lock last touch zones locked (can be saved somewhere)

This is just how I visualize it. Please check if something like this can be done.
The touch profile is a simple xml file that you can edit also on your phone manually with a text editor. You must look at wich position you want to add the button and write the coordinates in the xml file.

i have a suggestion for you. in your hdmi stick enable pointer location in Developer options and you can see the screen coordinate of the position of an element.

for simple games you can do in the way described above.

Example:
If you have a screen size of 1280x720 you can add two buttons, one at 330x330 and another at 1000x330. In this mode you have two touch zones.
As you see is very simple.

And don't forget that touch profiles are also for windows and linux.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

RmatriX1218 wrote:Touch profile

4. Press OK or lock

I'm working on Touch profile Creator for Android
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Firstly let me start off with my thanks and congrats for creating/improving such a great app.

Background:
I host the server mostly on several rikomagic 802IIIs sticks connected to TVs for netflix, web browsing and odd gaming. Used an airmouse which ofcourse main let down no zoom. Tried MK Remote no landscape mode. Droidmote to rescue!
I also use PC server under xp.

Clients I use are a Galaxy S2 and a bunch of Nook Simple Touches. In case your not familiar with the NST its a kindle clone thats sells for £29 in uk however its a rootable android device running 2.1 with a 6inch eink screen and infrared multitouch capable touchscreen, wifi, sdcard. Willing to bet it will be contender for can do the most amount of droidmote use hours on a single battery charge.
Did I mention it was £29 :D

Most my suggestions and problems I have come across so far are in the initial connection to server part of things.
If any of the below I can achieve myself by tweaking some setting (all my devices are rooted) please let me know.

Suggestions/requests are related directly to the NST or any other eink device:

# All buttons and general menus are visable and useable on the eink screen except that of the automated scan/history popup.
You can make out the words "Enter or select the server IP". Black area where IP Addresses should be text is invisable. White boxes where Cancel / Search / Connect labels invisable. Pic.
Simple pure black and white dialogs on background would fix this. Overall would be stunning on eink if you had a simple option toggle background to be white (black text) rather than black.

General Suggestions for any android device:

# Option for true fullscreen hiding the notification bar.

# Option to attempt to auto connect on startup to last used server.

# Connect to server dialog/search list would be nice allow hostname and resolv dns.
I implement local dns and much to prefer to type/see 'tv1' than 192.168.1.43.
My wife or non admin of a wifi network has no idea what ip is what when more than one server running in the house.
Possibly an option to allow or not. Host names could be displayed in list up to first <dot> e.g. tv.local.inmyhouse would appear in list as tv for ease or just truncate to fixed width or depending on available space.

# Similar to the above but more useful to non router environemnts (server portable hot spots setups.)
Allow lists to be created either imported or from within the client.
Simply each row <display name><space/tab><IP Address>
Could be used to supplement the search function or use for IP name resolution in search function.

Importing lists useful when client is on different subnet to server defeating a broadcast search (I often have seperate subnets for wireless / wired and bridge them for security/controlling multicast traffic going onto wifi).

Keep up the good work. I hope you find the time to read/look into some of my suggestions to polish this fine app..
matto235

Post by matto235 »

Greetings,

I purchased the app mainly to replace a remote control used for XBMC. I was hoping the touchpad (the screen with the 4 direction arrows) would allow me to navigate around in xbmc. It does but the problem I have is there doesn't seem to be a 'ok' button or something that allows me to select something. I would love to stay within the droidmote app and not have to get out and launch another xbmc remote program.

My suggestion: is it possible to disable the power button on this screen or require 2 points of contact to execute the power off command? There are several times that I have pressed it and powered off the server
is it possible to have the center button on this pad to be the 'ok' button or allow it to be pathed as such?

Maybe I'm just asking for a remote control tab that is customizable similar to how the gamepad works. Not sure what is possible.

Thank you for your consideration
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

matto235 wrote:Greetings,

I purchased the app mainly to replace a remote control used for XBMC. I was hoping the touchpad (the screen with the 4 direction arrows) would allow me to navigate around in xbmc. It does but the problem I have is there doesn't seem to be a 'ok' button or something that allows me to select something. I would love to stay within the droidmote app and not have to get out and launch another xbmc remote program.

My suggestion: is it possible to disable the power button on this screen or require 2 points of contact to execute the power off command? There are several times that I have pressed it and powered off the server
is it possible to have the center button on this pad to be the 'ok' button or allow it to be pathed as such?

Maybe I'm just asking for a remote control tab that is customizable similar to how the gamepad works. Not sure what is possible.

Thank you for your consideration
All your request are not problems and can be solvable. Mainly the ok button is a problem of your chinese android firmware inside your rockchip device. you can solve reading this page:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=642

For the power button, if you press it, you NOT power down the device but only go in sleep. if you move the mouse or press again the power button the device return active. Instead with a long press on power button, you can have the classic menu for real shout down or restart. (like phone and tablet)

In xbmc you can also use only the mouse to do all apart this your specific request.
Mittok

Post by Mittok »

Cool thing will be to add brightness adjustment for server device.