[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Mosquito

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by Mosquito »

Screenshot of all installed Apps:
ES Datei Explorer PRO_20170315_224346.png
ES Datei Explorer PRO_20170315_224320.png
I'm running Shield TV 2015 16GB+128GB extended RAM. For controlling I'm using Shield Remote, Shield Gamecontroller, Rii Remote (with USB Dongle), Xbox360 Klon Controller (with USB Dongle).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mosquito wrote:Screenshot of all installed Apps:
I'm running Shield TV 2015 16GB+128GB extended RAM. For controlling I'm using Shield Remote, Shield Gamecontroller, Rii Remote (with USB Dongle), Xbox360 Klon Controller (with USB Dongle).
what is the name of your launcher ?

you are using expanded storage and you have the app that create problems on the external storage ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

paulsavo wrote:
babyshanks wrote: Thank you for the suggestion Veronica. I gave that a try and unfortunately the amazon app will not launch after changing the display size. Any larger than default settings caused the app to crash upon start each time. Rebooting with display changed did not help. Changing text size had no effect. Also tried changing output resolution to 1080p and no change. The amazon app is the only one that seems to have this problem. To better explain what I'm seeing here are a few pics.

This is the app when opened. It is full screen and nothing is out of the normal

This is the app when playing a video. Notice that there is a black box that surrounds the video.
exactly same for me in Amazon
Only to both of you, please change the following in /system/build.prop, once done check that the permissions of the file be rw-r-r and then reboot.

change:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

to

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

with the above change soft navigation bar is removed and video playback in amazon video will look better (no more lateral bars). Keep in mind that you may still get black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, but that most likely is caused by the video file aspect ratio.

Please test further and report back if you find some inconsistences. Thank you.

Sent from my Tapatalk Hub
If I helped hit the Thanks button. Follow Me! ~ Buy Me a Coffee ~ Full Android for ShieldTV and Nexus Player
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Mosquito

Post by Mosquito »

zulu99 wrote:

you are using expanded storage and you have the app that create problems on the external storage ?
The Screenshots are made off ES Explorer because better App overview. I'm using Nova Launcher.
I tested both variants: Hearthstone on expanded Storage and internal storage. On both the freeze message appears.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

To @everyone:

If you guys and gals haven't noticed yet, WE ARE FINALLY IN TAPATALK!

So you're very welcome to follow DroidMote Support Forum, register or log in to your account using the Tapatalk app.

Enjoy!

If I helped hit the Thanks button. Follow Me! ~ Buy Me a Coffee ~ Full Android for ShieldTV and Nexus Player
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

project_raptorx wrote:Thanks Zulu for this amazing guide and the time & effort contributed.

Install went good with a few hiccups.
- Shield TV is VERY picky with USB cables. The third one I used finally worked and allowed me to flash everything.
- The USB drivers had to be manually installed when booted into TWRP. My PC did not recognize the 2015 Shield 16GB.

One problem I have and it didn't happen with your full Marshmallow ROM.

Some applications start in Portrait and switch to Landscape but the app is sideways. This happens for about a second and a half or so, sometimes two. I noticed this especially with ES File Explorer. Is there a fix for this?

One other question... Is the 2015 Shield TV 500GB the same device as the 2017 Shield TV Pro?
Sadly, ES File Explorer is full of crapware now and should not be used by anyone.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/05/10 ... ng-adware/
https://www.xda-developers.com/es-file- ... llen-king/
https://citizenlab.org/2016/02/privacy- ... u-browser/

Try Root Explorer or Solid Explorer instead.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mosquito wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

The Screenshots are made off ES Explorer because better App overview. I'm using Nova Launcher.
I tested both variants: Hearthstone on expanded Storage and internal storage. On both the freeze message appears.
I can't find your problem.

I tested hearthstone in internal / external storage
with nova launcher and without nova launcher
in all conditions it work well

in my tests, i used only DroidMote, no others usb dongle or others hardware input device.

If you post the log of the crash, maybe i can understand better. But for now, i can't reproduce your problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Mosquito

Post by Mosquito »

Okay, I want to post my log here. But where can I find it? And are you sure when I "hard-restart" the Shield the logs won't be killed/resetted cause of new boot/Start?
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Mosquito wrote:Okay, I want to post my log here. But where can I find it? And are you sure when I "hard-restart" the Shield the logs won't be killed/resetted cause of new boot/Start?
where you can find the log file depends of what app you use. I use Catlog and it creates its own folder in internal storage.
Preferably take the debug log from a PC connected to the Shield TV:
http://android.stackexchange.com/questi ... t-a-logcat
*** You can find more info in the web. San Google is your friend.

Another thing to try is to use an app like Titanium Backup which is a good well known app to freeze all apps except all system apps and the game you mentioned, reboot and test. Hopefully, if you didn't modify the system in any other way than what has been mentioned in first post, the game app starts working. if it does then you can unfreeze apps one by one to identify the problematic one., otherwise start from scratch with a factory reset.
babyshanks

Post by babyshanks »

Veronica wrote:
paulsavo wrote:
babyshanks wrote: Thank you for the suggestion Veronica. I gave that a try and unfortunately the amazon app will not launch after changing the display size. Any larger than default settings caused the app to crash upon start each time. Rebooting with display changed did not help. Changing text size had no effect. Also tried changing output resolution to 1080p and no change. The amazon app is the only one that seems to have this problem. To better explain what I'm seeing here are a few pics.
exactly same for me in Amazon
Only to both of you, please change the following in /system/build.prop, once done check that the permissions of the file be rw-r-r and then reboot.

change:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

to

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

with the above change soft navigation bar is removed and video playback in amazon video will look better (no more lateral bars). Keep in mind that you may still get black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, but that most likely is caused by the video file aspect ratio.

Please test further and report back if you find some inconsistences. Thank you.

[/quote]

I'm happy to report that this works. Full screen on TV shows and no vertical lines on movies with the amazon app. Doesn't seem to negatively affect other apps that i've used thus far. Obviously the bottom nav bar is gone, but that isn't of much use anyway. Thank you Veronica! :D