[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Nizamfr wrote:Hello i have a PB when i m in droidmote and with gamepad shield the joystick mouse work fine but when you browse on Google chrome or else thé keyboard not working or showing plz help me thx
If you have DroidMote on phone, you can write with the soft keyboard of your phone.
( the best way without exception and compared with all others solutions )

If you are using the controller in combination with DroidMote, without a phone, you can write with your voice on every app.
when you are in mouse mode, the X button will open the voice dictation.

P.S.
Hei Veronica, look how is simple with a good image... Thanks you so much for your support.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
harpua1982

Post by harpua1982 »

To do what ? the video have lags and the quality is horrible.

Instead if you want it just for remote control functionalities, it a waste of hardware resources have a video streaming always active on your phone. Since you should also press very small buttons is also inconvenient. You can control every multi touch apps and games in better way without waste hardware resources of you phone and battery and with more confortable buttons or with the mouse and multi touch gestures on touchpad.

Instead, if you need it for remote support, is another story, and can be just sufficient. But how many people do remote support for others ?

What do you do with Teamviewer ?
Teamviewer is a VERY useful tool. On my old Android box I used it to run maintenance on it while my girlfriend was watching cable in the Living Room. That way, I could run maintenance or test the box w/out bothering her while she is using the cable box connected to the same TV.

I have not tried this w/ the Nvidia Shield TV yet b/c I have an HDMI split to another monitor in my office as well as a chromecast in my office that I can simply just cast my Shield TV to. This allows me to run maintenance on my ShieldTV w/out disturbing my gf in the Living Room. Also, video streaming is never "always active" b/c I can automate connection/disconnection very easily by sending messages to enable remote sharing via Join or Pushbullet.

That said, I'm sure I'll find a reason to want to use TeamViewer eventually.

I run a security system with my Shield so if I am away from home and need to access the Shield for any reason, TeamViewer is my only option.
I've never tried to use TeamViewer from an Android Phone, however. Didn't think it was possible. If so, than that's awesome!
2015 Nvidia SHIELDtv - Full Android Nougat v1.1
Studleydorights

Post by Studleydorights »

Hi new to the site. Thanks for all the work!
I have got full nougat running on my 2017 16g shield. Found answers to most of my questions in this forum except 1.

Cannot figure out how to put device to sleep. Putting it to sleep in shield settings just close out of settings.
Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

Thanks again, love the work!
riesdepies

Post by riesdepies »

Hi everyone, new to this forum, just received my Nvidia Shield TV today. Still waiting on my male to male usb cable to arrive, can't wait to install this rom. Wouldn't have bought the Shield if this rom didn't exist so many thanks to zulu99 and everyone else who contributed!!

Here's my quick question: when I use this rom with a general wireless optical mouse, will my right-click button work as the BACK button?

Thank you,

riesdepies
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Studleydorights wrote:Hi new to the site. Thanks for all the work!
I have got full nougat running on my 2017 16g shield. Found answers to most of my questions in this forum except 1.

Cannot figure out how to put device to sleep. Putting it to sleep in shield settings just close out of settings.
Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

Thanks again, love the work!
with DroidMote, press the power button one time.
one time the device go in sleep, long press on power button you have the power menu.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

riesdepies wrote:Hi everyone, new to this forum, just received my Nvidia Shield TV today. Still waiting on my male to male usb cable to arrive, can't wait to install this rom. Wouldn't have bought the Shield if this rom didn't exist so many thanks to zulu99 and everyone else who contributed!!

Here's my quick question: when I use this rom with a general wireless optical mouse, will my right-click button work as the BACK button?

Thank you,

riesdepies
In Android right mouse button is the right mouse button, the back button is another button.

The right mouse button is useful for apps that support it, if you have it remapped inside the firmware, you will lose apps compatibility, and your firmware is not a standard Android aosp firmware.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hello zullu99,

What is the build.prop that u are using for this game?
Right now i have productname=sb_na_wf
Gangstar New Orleans OpenWorld on Shield Android TV?

Gr wes
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Wes wrote:Hello zullu99,

What is the build.prop that u are using for this game?
Right now i have productname=sb_na_wf
Gangstar New Orleans OpenWorld on Shield Android TV?

Gr wes
i used my Galaxy S6 parameters, because the game is enabled for some samsung Phones.

ro.product.model
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
ro.build.product

really crazy.....
Users without Root, today in the ANDROID WORLD, are just monkeys in the hands of this big companies.

but just to test the game... i not suggest have this parameters always.
JulienPr

Post by JulienPr »

Sorry, if that feels pushy, but is there any update on the Skype issue? Is there any way we can support you in solving this bug?

Have a nice day.
Nvidia Shield TV 16Go, 2015 - Marshmallow StockRestyle (zulu99's ROM) + Root
Mosquito

Post by Mosquito »

Good morning.

Me again with the Problem of ANRs of SPMC/Kodi/ other apps.

My tries so far:
-tested 3 different adoptable storages
-reinstalled Full Android
-made System reset in Full Android
-Only installed a couple of apps
-tested SPMC and Kodi
-tested them freshly installed, without Backups.
-Last but not least suspicion of problems with specific skins and/or their dependencies

ANRs are on both, SPMC (16.6.0) and Kodi (17.1)
For now the ANRs appear with 2 skins I've tested: Titan Skin (and Titan Skin beta) on SPMC 16.6.0 and Kodi 17.1; Estuary Mod (only Kodi 17.x compatible).
Both Skins have a huge number of dependencies.
First, SPMC and Kodi are running fine with these skins. After a time of using (fore or background) an ANR Message appears. This Message also appears on other apps for this app when spmc or kodi ran before. Only unplugging helps.
After Shield restart, when I directly Start SPMC or Kodi, I can't move the mousecoursor through The Menu of SPMC/Kodi, and the ANR message appears in seconds. I have to reboot the Shield by unplug.
I only can SPMC/Kodi get running again when I go into App Settings before to clear the cache. Only after this I can Start SPMC/Kodi and move through the menus. After a while (minutes/hours) , the cache seems be full, and ANR message appears again.

Notice: SPMC/Kodi are installed on internal storage, not adoptable.

Notice2: I never had these ANRs on Stock Nougat Android TV.

I hope someone can use my Informations to reproduce my Problem and can help me to find a way to get it away. Perhaps it is really a problem in memory management of Full Android, and helps to make it more stable?

I hope so. I like this ROM. I respect Zulu99s work absolutely and I'm thankfull there is someone who make such a ROM for the beloved Shield TV.

But with these ANR's repeatly a day this is not a daily driver (for me). Shield TV has enough power to run SPMC/Kodi even with these heavyweight skins, like it does on Stock Nougat for Shield TV.

Gesendet von meinem E6653 mit Tapatalk