[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Wherestheblob

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by Wherestheblob »

Hi I would like to go cak should I use developer or recovery image?
What steps are needed.
Should I install blob?
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

Wherestheblob wrote:Hi I would like to go cak should I use developer or recovery image?
What steps are needed.
Should I install blob?
I think you will find you answer here
https://nvidiashieldzone.com/shield-and ... -recovery/
DroidHarvest

Post by DroidHarvest »

The stock rom offered an option to connect the shield to a computer over usb to transfer files. How can enabled this in this rom? Thanks.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

Hello fam. Can anyone attest that they have this rom working flawlessely? especially in regard to the full screen issue and UI crashes. I ask this because I got a ton of media files on my storage (shield pro 500gb) and that installing this from stock will involve a full wipe. I am the kind who likes to install ROM and forget. Any views/advice will be much appreciated.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

snake218 wrote:To hide navbar and status bar:
- install xposed magisk module.
- Install gravitybox xposed module
- in gravitybox, go to display settings and set expanded desktop mode to immersive
- now in gravitybox go to quicksettings management, active the master switch, then in statusbar quicksettings tile enable the "expanded desktop" tile

Now normally add the expanded desktop tile to your status bar and activate/deactivate when needed. Navbar still pops if you need to (put cursor at screen bottom) , even with the expanded desktop mode on.
Thanks for the precise explanation @snake2018. Does this fix the full screen and diagonal line issues?
snake218

Post by snake218 »

Lenana wrote:
snake218 wrote:To hide navbar and status bar:
- install xposed magisk module.
- Install gravitybox xposed module
- in gravitybox, go to display settings and set expanded desktop mode to immersive
- now in gravitybox go to quicksettings management, active the master switch, then in statusbar quicksettings tile enable the "expanded desktop" tile

Now normally add the expanded desktop tile to your status bar and activate/deactivate when needed. Navbar still pops if you need to (put cursor at screen bottom) , even with the expanded desktop mode on.
Thanks for the precise explanation @snake2018. Does this fix the full screen and diagonal line issues?
I haven't noticed any issue or weird behavior. and no diagonal lines definitely. I'm Not sure what is the "full screen" issue.
gsus

Post by gsus »

Hello
thanks for the instructions, going to try it.
Its long time ago, i compiled kernel for odroid to get dvb tuner.

This is very interesting feature for the shield tv.
There are custom kernels available out there.
Anybody tried with this rom?

Or what is need to do to get dvb tuner to this rom?
Thanks
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

has anyone had an issue with not staying asleep? ill hit sleep now button in ATV settings and it will go to sleep along with shutting tv and receiver down then about 5 to 10 seconds later it will wake back up, i would think its an app waking it back up, ive been freezing different apps but just cant pinpoint it, ive also tried all combination of settings in ATV cec settings, any input will be appreciated , im on full android oreo
apollo125

Post by apollo125 »

zulu99 wrote:New full android 1.10 is on first post.

I decided to restore the old mouse behaviour that permit you to use Nova launcher and not have focus problems.
I decided this because Nvidia use a very old AOSP source code that have many bugs inside. On this old source code, Nvidia added many modifications to the Android framework that are not in line with the Google guidelines, therefore also if Google fixed many things with Oreo 8.1 and PIE, Nvidia have old shit as base. I'm sure even Google got fed up with NVidia's bad behavior. Nvidia is a company that can't work in the open source world.

Nvidia have good hardware but at software level, expecially in the Android world, have many incompetents developers.

Anyway, sorry for two updates in short time, but i have the balls full of the nvidia bad behaviour with Android, therefore if Nvidia is not able, i must do something to have a full functional android firmware.

Full Android 1.10 is the result of my love for the hardware of Shield TV.
Hi mate I'm still using full android build v1.7 but want to upgrade to v1.10. My shield android tv sw version is v7.1.0, Do I need to flash the the stock recovery image v7.1.0 before upgrading to v7.2.2
reminon

Post by reminon »

Alright. Having issues with installing this firmware on my 2017 Darcy. Started on 7.2.2, performed a factory reset, reinstalled 7.2.2, rebooted into fastboot via "adb reboot bootloader", flashed your system.img, flashed your patched boot.img "for Darcy", and flashed the modified DTB. All of that flashed fine.

Then I ran "fastboot -w" and I get this output:
"wiping userdata...
Couldn't parse erase-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
Couldn't parse logical-block-size '0xUnknown var!'.
CreateProcess failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
error: Cannot generate image for userdata"

Not knowing what else I could do, I used fastboot reboot, and it bootloops on the shapes animation that eventually turn into "android". I've been waiting on this screen for about 20 minutes now. I know from past rooting adventures on other devices, that custom roms can take a while to boot on first boot, but i just want to make sure this is normal with your rom.