[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Krissy

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by Krissy »

Hi Guys,

I got a new NVIDIA tv the other day and I thought I'd root it and setup TWRP, then I saw this incredible looking piece of work by Zulu99 and now I'm really bent out of shape because while doing everything I was doing NVIDIA jumped in and updated me to 7.2.3, which I really didn't want. I'd like to use what Zulu has put together but I need to get back to stock and I'm assuming back to 7.2.2. Before I really mess up, can someone confirm that I need full stock and if so it there a tutorial or guide you recommend. When I saw Zulu99 post about basically "HAVING IT ALL" I can't let go of wanting to try it. Biggest reason is I despise not being able to use the Full Google Store. I've got a ton of paid apps and can't get to them with NVIDIA Android TV. Anyway all help and advice is appreciated especially if Mr. Zulu99 has time to throw a bit of love my way.

Thanks all,
Krissy
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hello peeps,

I have caused some problems I cannot fix>
problems are that
1/ the box reboots if I try to uninstall any app
2/ the second usb does not work

When I was flashing and finally tried to enter the fastboot -w command, it failed. Could this be the issue?

The problems may have been caused by:
1/ I flashed tegra210-darcy-p2894-0050-a04-00.dtb by mistake. I have the 2015 16gb version.
2/ my box was on 7.2.3, not 7.2.2 when I flashed. Subsequently I downloaded and flashed 7.2.2 from Nvidia, then reflashed this Oreo v1.10 rom but it still isn't working properly.

Help please!
Thanks,
Mark.
gsus

Post by gsus »

Hello
struggle with stock recovery from oreo.
Enable USB ADB is not working. On startup its showed up in windows 10 for 2 seconds and get disconnected but is still enabled in the settings on the shield. If i boot in safe mode ADB is working. I see the authorized device and reboot to bootloader.
Then in fastboot mode i see the shield as adb device in the manager app on windows 10 but not in shell with adb devices command.

I would prefer to go back to stock rom.
Have somebody got this problem with ADB on Oreo? Or a advice how to fix it?

Thanks and best regards
Rudi
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

gsus wrote:Hello
struggle with stock recovery from oreo.
Enable USB ADB is not working. On startup its showed up in windows 10 for 2 seconds and get disconnected but is still enabled in the settings on the shield. If i boot in safe mode ADB is working. I see the authorized device and reboot to bootloader.
Then in fastboot mode i see the shield as adb device in the manager app on windows 10 but not in shell with adb devices command.

I would prefer to go back to stock rom.
Have somebody got this problem with ADB on Oreo? Or a advice how to fix it?

Thanks and best regards
Rudi
have you tested an adb wireless app from google play ? the 2017 model, is better use in this way. adb wireless require root.

with the original shield 2015 model, no problems since we have an extra micro usb for debug.

but reading better your message, i think you have drivers problems on windows 10, because in fastboot mode, you can't see the device as adb.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

Hi Zulu,

You mentioned that we can use QuickShortcutMaker app to create shortcut of Nvidia Share app? I tried doing this to no avail. Again, I don't think this would be suitable to take screenhots or record gameplay while in the middle of game play.

Would you please upgrade this firmware to 7.2.3?? You mentioned it does NOT have any useful fixes, but It contains IMPORTANT fixes for Nvidia Share (Recording when pushing home button on controller), 120 Hz (120 FPS TVs support! Gaming would be amazing in 120 frames on my TV). XBOX wired controller fix. PLEASE think about this!

If you won't do update the firmware, how to fix Nvidia Share on current 1.10 firmware?
dfkinca

Post by dfkinca »

Looks like SHIELD Experience 8.0 (Android Pie 9.0) just got announced/released. See https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/SHIELD-T ... -Upgrade-8 (among other links)

@Zulu - will you be updating? I assume we will find the info a new, to be started thread . . .
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

dfkinca wrote:Looks like SHIELD Experience 8.0 (Android Pie 9.0) just got announced/released. See https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/SHIELD-T ... -Upgrade-8 (among other links)

@Zulu - will you be updating? I assume we will find the info a new, to be started thread . . .
I'm on it with 2017 model. we must disable dm verity otherwise we can't do completly nothing. not even root.

anyway i have many ideas and despite now is august ( time of vacation in italy ) i will provide everything to everyone.

first step root for the stock firmware.
After i will work on a normal android firmware.

The good news is that now shield tv seems to be "project treble" enabled. therefore if we're lucky we can run directly GSI firmwares.

The 2015 model it shouldn't have the the dm-verity but i not tested yet.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Ciao Zulu,
Any advice on what to do about this:
fredphoesh wrote: I have caused some problems I cannot fix>
problems are that
1/ the box reboots if I try to uninstall any app
2/ the second usb does not work

When I was flashing and finally tried to enter the fastboot -w command, it failed. Could this be the issue?

The problems may have been caused by:
1/ I flashed tegra210-darcy-p2894-0050-a04-00.dtb by mistake. I have the 2015 16gb version.
2/ my box was on 7.2.3, not 7.2.2 when I flashed. Subsequently I downloaded and flashed 7.2.2 from Nvidia, then reflashed this Oreo v1.10 rom but it still isn't working properly.

Help please!
Thanks,
Mark.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

UPDATE, also on shield tv 2015 model we can't have root for now.

so with PIE both 2015 and 2017 model are completly locked. we must wait the rooted firmware to understand better what happen because in this way both devices are completly inaccessible.

no recovery, no root, nothing.

i also tested a GSI firmware on the 2015 model but not start. I hope because in both devices is enable dm-verity and i hope that soon Nvidia will share or the dtb or the vbmeta to unlock this shit state.

HEY NVIDIA, when you publish a firmware, you MUST share the kernel source code........
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

GSI WORKS
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:ù

Means that we can install right now all gsi pie firmwares that we want. all working right now.

With the time i just need to optimize the vendor image adding and removing some things.

I'm tolking about the 2015 shield tv model. But if all went well, i will publish also a solution for the 2017 model that have dm-verity enabled.

Anyway i rooted the device installing the gsi firmware that is pre-rooted, because seems that Magisk is not compatible with Android TV PIE.

I tested this GSI firmware https://github.com/phhusson/treble_expe ... s/tag/v115

system-arm64-ab-gapps-su.img.xz

and also the gogole aosp versions