[ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

Kempston wrote:I read the note, hence my reference to the About Phone option. ;) I was just wondering if it could be reversed and be turned off by default rather than on. Not an issue, I hopefully won't be restarting that often.

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to fix the overscan, there appears to be no way of creating a shortcut to the app in the vendor folder. Some pointers would be appreciated as I can't do much with this at the moment as I'm losing around 10% of the screen.
let me try overscan, maybe i can help you
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Kempston

Post by Kempston »

zulu99 wrote:
Kempston wrote:I read the note, hence my reference to the About Phone option. ;) I was just wondering if it could be reversed and be turned off by default rather than on. Not an issue, I hopefully won't be restarting that often.

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to fix the overscan, there appears to be no way of creating a shortcut to the app in the vendor folder. Some pointers would be appreciated as I can't do much with this at the moment as I'm losing around 10% of the screen.
Brilliant, that would be much appreciated.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Kempston wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

Brilliant, that would be much appreciated.
your apk for overscan is here:
https://mega.nz/#!LQJmWSgS!9KrLOpjtp_t_ ... Su5reLWG1Y

Install and create a shortcut with quickshortcutmaker app
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

For my needs, this full Android firmware is perfect, i don't need the Nvidia Settings.
I play only games and i watch pirate videos and i use millions strange apps from Google Play, apkpure and apkmirror

Anyway many people not know that with PIE, Android TV is completly fucked. You can't do nothing, no root, you must accept all that Google and Nvidia want. In others words you can only pay for Netflix and Amazon Video and if you are crazy pay also for Nvidia game stream. But on game streaming we will see what happen with the Google solution :) are you wondering and Google what earns from Shield TV ? think better you will find the answer.

When i choose a direction, is because is the only street to follow. My decisions are not for case. I don't do what i prefer, i do what is possible by an human, some time i try to do also miracles :)

I want see how many days users can resist in the claustrophobic Android TV PIE firmware :lol:
Many that are not able with Android for sure will downgrade to Oreo TV but Google and Nvidia will make things incompatible with Oreo.

I strongly believe that today more than in the past, full Android PIE is the only acceptable solution for Shield TV
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

zulu99 wrote:
elpaablo wrote:Zulu99, that ADB command worked fine, but I'm still unable to use the second usb port (tried the oreo method, by editing build.prop and factory resetting).

VPN is working on ethernet, for now. If it holds, I'll automate that code with tasker. Thanks.

I like treble project. The only things I miss is HDMI-SEC settings and a working version of Nvidia Games. Everything else I can install (or uninstall) it myself.

Please keep up the good work.
Personally i use the 2017 model with one usb port dedicated to adb / access file from pc and the other port with a usb hub to connect others things and is the best solution. On 2015 model we have also a micro usb port to do adb. Nvidia wanted to save money with the 2017 model :)

Anyway if this is extremply necessary for you, you ca try this with root:

To enable USB-HOST:

Code: Select all

echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
To disable USB-HOST:

echo none > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
I also use a hub connected to one usb port and a switch to share keyboard, mouse and external hard drive with my pc. That's why I don't want to connect the ssd drive that I use as internal storage. Switching to pc usb port would switch everything, including the ssd disk, which I would forget to eject/disconnect for sure. :P

I tried the code, but it isn't working.
:/data/data # echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
sh: can't create /sys/class/exton/ID/connect: No such file or directory
[/code]
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

elpaablo wrote:
zulu99 wrote:
elpaablo wrote:Zulu99, that ADB command worked fine, but I'm still unable to use the second usb port (tried the oreo method, by editing build.prop and factory resetting).

VPN is working on ethernet, for now. If it holds, I'll automate that code with tasker. Thanks.

I like treble project. The only things I miss is HDMI-SEC settings and a working version of Nvidia Games. Everything else I can install (or uninstall) it myself.

Please keep up the good work.
Personally i use the 2017 model with one usb port dedicated to adb / access file from pc and the other port with a usb hub to connect others things and is the best solution. On 2015 model we have also a micro usb port to do adb. Nvidia wanted to save money with the 2017 model :)

Anyway if this is extremply necessary for you, you ca try this with root:

To enable USB-HOST:

echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
To disable USB-HOST:

echo none > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
I also use a hub connected to one usb port and a switch to share keyboard, mouse and external hard drive with my pc. That's why I don't want to connect the ssd drive that I use as internal storage. Switching to pc usb port would switch everything, including the ssd disk, which I would forget to eject/disconnect for sure. :P

I tried the code, but it isn't working.

I found the solution:

Disable ADB

su
echo 0x1 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state
Enable ADB

su
echo 0x2 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

How to mount my NAS drive? All of ISO games for PSX, PSP and Gamecube..etc.. are in there. I need that be easily accessible for all apps like EMUs.
It was easy before with Nvidia Settings.. Does even LineageOS support CIF/SMB modules in kernel?
Last edited by Rebel_X on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Rebel_X wrote:How to mount my NAS drive? All of ISO games for PSX, PSP and Gamecube..etc.. are in there. I need that be easily accessible for all apps like EMUs.
It was easy before with Nvidia Settings.. Does even LineageOS support CIF/SMB modules in kernel?

The kernel is the same and also the drivers are the same. You not changed the boot image and the vendor image, just the Android framework inside the system image.

There are many apps that can mount CIF/SMB and with root you can do everything.

Also Google released an app to mount SMB share:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tsprovider
Not the best one

For all:
Please read on Google what is a GSI firmware, what is Project Treble and what is the system_as_root new Android partition layout.
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

Sure there are lots of apps that do that? I didn't see one that makes the network share available for all apps natively to access when browsing for files!

I understand your point of view, but the changes are too much. I still think abandoning what Stock ROM offers is a wrong thing! Even if it is easier to make one using pure Android using LineageOS. The Shield TV is crippled now like Chinese Android TV boxes knock offs. No HDMI-CEC control, no NVShare, recording app in Lineage is horrible. You can't start recording where you want to in the middle of gameplay similar to NVGameCast, I miss that feature alot from Nougat. Recording before the game starts is not an option for me.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Rebel_X wrote:Sure there are lots of apps that do that? I didn't see one that makes the network share available for all apps natively to access when browsing for files!

I understand your point of view, but the changes are too much. I still think abandoning what Stock ROM offers is a wrong thing! Even if it is easier to make one using pure Android using LineageOS. The Shield TV is crippled now like Chinese Android TV boxes knock offs. No HDMI-CEC control, no NVShare, recording app in Lineage is horrible. You can't start recording where you want to in the middle of gameplay similar to NVGameCast, I miss that feature alot from Nougat. Recording before the game starts is not an option for me.
Bye Bye :D Less work for me to explain things.