[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Lenana

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by Lenana »

Rechims wrote:
Lenana wrote:Unfortunately I was unable to install this ROM. I'm on 7.2.3 shield pro 2017. Everything flashes successfully but the device never goes past the colourful loading (booting) screen. I am hoping zulu99 will release another version that will be compatible with all devices.
It might help if you boot into fastboot with the controller pressing AB, than choose factory reset.

I had the same thing on Shield 2017 16GB, I got an error with the -w command, didn't pass the Android animation. But factory reset solved it.
Hey:) I managed to install it finally with the help of @zulu99. This is what I did.
1. Factory reset from boot loader. Took about 1 hr as I have a 500GB SSD.
2. I flashed developer 7.2.2 firmware from nvidia using the instructions provided at their website.
3. I then flashed over system.img and vendor.img from 'Full android v1.10' and alas! it booted!
4. I then installed magisk by patching boot.img from the developer 7.2.2 firmware using the magisk app then flashed it. Everything works well now.

Note: Flashing full android on developer 7.2.3 image resulted in broken wifi and bluetooth for me. But flashing on dev. 7.2.2 firmare fixed the radio issue.
I hope this post helps someone out there. Cheers!
Davicom

Post by Davicom »

@Lenana can I know how can I download 7.2.2 dev fw? On Nvidia site Is available Just to developers. Could you help me to know where I can download It?
FORUST

Post by FORUST »

need update the file for the VMware hardware acceleration please upate the file becasue you get now issue update for VMware 15.5.
lukecastle

Post by lukecastle »

Is anyone else having a "system ui has stopped" fault? :?:
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

@Davicom sorry for the late response. The 7.2.2 image is available at nvidia site but you have to register as developer.
pop4doid

Post by pop4doid »

I'm on developer firmware 8.0.1. Can I flash stock 7.2.2 in order to try this full Android Oreo?

Ps. I did tried full Android Pie but still too many bugs eg. UI color. Does this Oreo has any annoyng bugs?
txintxigorri

Post by txintxigorri »

Hi all

I have installed Full Android Oreo following the instructions.

I have the bootloader patched by magisk and the root works.

I activate the developer options and when I am going to activate the usb debugging (in developer options) I get the error of the usb port is in use and it does not let me activate it.

I have nothing connected to the USB ports, I use the original remote control wirelessly.

What can be?
What can I do to fix it?

Greetings from Spain.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

Hi its in the 1st page of this thread....la tuya es la de 2017?
Un saludo
⬤ How to make the 2nd USB port of the SATV 16GB 2017 work normally again:

# Root required #
When Full Android is installed, by default the 2nd USB port of the Shield TV 16GB 2017 work for ADB/Debug only.

In order to recover normal functionality back and be able to use USB debugging and Host mode at the same time

you need to add the following to the build.prop and then save the changes (preferably right after you install the firmware and boot for the first time):

CODE: SELECT ALL

persist.convertible.usb.mode=host

YOU MUST FACTORY RESET YOUR SHIELD TV AFTER THIS because the firmware must start with this string already inside the build.prop for it to work.

To enable USB-HOST:

echo USB-HOST > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect

To disable USB-HOST:

echo none > /sys/class/exton/ID/connect
gumymoty

Post by gumymoty »

Need help, I'm got a nvidia shield tv 2017, i hate tv android version no full play store,no touch support, can't use controller mapper like on my nvidia tablet, in this custom rom? That can be similar like nvidia k1 tablet rom version, What is the disadvantage use a full android instead tv version? This is stable rom.?
KINSOMNIACX

Post by KINSOMNIACX »

I been struggling for the past 2 weeks as netflix gives me error i have reinstalled the rom clean tried android pie and netflix app works but cant get it to work with android oreo any way to fix this please?