[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
kaileshm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by kaileshm »

Hi, this is urgent, if anyone can assist....

Currently have a:

Shield TV 16GB 2017 model installed successfully with this Full Android Oreo for Shield TV v.1.10 custom ROM

but need to revert back to Nvidia (Android TV) stock version, as only needed custom ROM originally for video conferencing support, which never worked anyway, and now I can use Trueconf app on stock version for this, as its backed by Nvidia

It was a while ago since I installed the custom ROM, so can't remember much, but can anyone urgently give me ALL the DETAILED steps (or a link to it/the post), to revert back to original correct stock version (then I can follow steps from Nvidia to update the shipped product stock version to their latest stock version), please?

I can't afford to damage or brick the device, as my eldery parents paid for it second-hand, but still over £100, for content, video chat communication, and smart home hub, and some simple toddler games for mental stimulation - which is all now possible with stock version.

If possible, I might still use Droidmote to control box with stock running.

Thanks, and I hope you are all having a great xmas! K.
Otisrhw

Post by Otisrhw »

Install stock development build rooted, sideload droidmote server.
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

Hi, thanks, where can I get the stock version from, and which is the correct version of the stock to revert back to that I had shipped with product before installing this v1.10 Oreo custom rom, and can you please provide each of the exact steps to do what you advised, or provide links to do so. Thanks, K.
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

any body able to provide DETAILED steps urgently....

Currently have a:

Shield TV 16GB 2017 model installed successfully with this Full Android Oreo for Shield TV v.1.10 custom ROM

but need to revert back to Nvidia (Android TV) stock version, as only needed custom ROM originally for video conferencing support, which never worked anyway, and now I can use Trueconf app on stock version for this, as its backed by Nvidia

It was a while ago since I installed the custom ROM, so can't remember much, but can anyone urgently give me ALL the DETAILED steps (or a link to it/the post), to revert back to original correct stock version (then I can follow steps from Nvidia to update the shipped product stock version to their latest stock version), please?

I can't afford to damage or brick the device, as my eldery parents paid for it second-hand, but still over £100, for content, video chat communication, and smart home hub, and some simple toddler games for mental stimulation - which is all now possible with stock version.

Thanks, K.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

kaileshm wrote:any body able to provide DETAILED steps urgently....

Currently have a:

Thanks, K.
Here you can find OS and detailed instructions
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

Hi, thanks.... can I confirm that I need to install the Developer Rooted OS Image (in order to then sideload Droidmote app) relevant for my model (Shield TV 2017 16GB), but do you know which specific version of this OS to start with/match up to, in order to revert back to correct version I had shipped with product before installing this v1.10 Oreo custom rom... as there are 12 developer versions (6.1.0 to 8.0.1) here.... https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksd ... nal,shield

.... as I understand roughly that the tools and process to revert, WITHOUT PROBLEMS/BRICKING, to stock or developer version should match v1.10 Oreo custom rom, and stock version it was installed from (which I can't recall)?

.... where can I also get steps to sideload apps afterwards like Droidmote?

Thanks in advance, K.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

kaileshm wrote:Hi, thanks.... can I confirm that I need to install the Developer Rooted OS Image (in order to then sideload Droidmote app) relevant for my model (Shield TV 2017 16GB), but do you know which specific version of this OS to start with/match up to, in order to revert back to correct version I had shipped with product before installing this v1.10 Oreo custom rom... as there are 12 developer versions (6.1.0 to 8.0.1) here.... https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksd ... nal,shield

.... as I understand roughly that the tools and process to revert, WITHOUT PROBLEMS/BRICKING, to stock or developer version should match v1.10 Oreo custom rom, and stock version it was installed from (which I can't recall)?

.... where can I also get steps to sideload apps afterwards like Droidmote?

Thanks in advance, K.
If you are now with 1.10 means that you are in Oreo and therefore you can install 7.2.3....
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

Thanks for that further info..... when I need to/want to upgrade to Nvidia's latest OS at any point, will it be instigated by Nvidia software update automatically, or will I have to follow a manual procedure when using this Developer Rooted version from them, and if its a manual updating procedure, what does it entail (where can I get details for the procedure)?

And how do I sideload apps like Droidmote after switching to the Developer Rooted OS?

Sorry for these basic questions.

Thanks in advance, K.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

kaileshm wrote:Thanks for that further info..... when I need to/want to upgrade to Nvidia's latest OS at any point, will it be instigated by Nvidia software update automatically, or will I have to follow a manual procedure when using this Developer Rooted version from them, and if its a manual updating procedure, what does it entail (where can I get details for the procedure)?

And how do I sideload apps like Droidmote after switching to the Developer Rooted OS?

Sorry for these basic questions.

Thanks in advance, K.
The OS update is automatic. Sorry but I dont know sideload works but I guess would work without problems.
Regards
kaileshm

Post by kaileshm »

Okay, thanks for all your help. Cheers and have a great year ahead! K.