[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Dramosith
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Dramosith » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:00 pm

fredphoesh wrote:
Dramosith wrote:well i want to use Oreo Full Android. but is problem if i am 7.2.3 right now? it say 7.2.2 reccomed to


NOT a problem as far as I know, I went from 7.2.3 stock to Zulu's Oreo full.

thx alot. it works now :)

Lenana
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Lenana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Unfortunately I was unable to install this ROM. I'm on 7.2.3 shield pro 2017. Everything flashes successfully but the device never goes past the colourful loading (booting) screen. I am hoping zulu99 will release another version that will be compatible with all devices.

savagepagan
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby savagepagan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:05 pm

For some reason amazon prime is missing. I can only see it when I run Holo launcher.

rippin686
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby rippin686 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:49 pm

You can use a app like this to create shortcuts to apps that don't show on launcher.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj7rmgpilmoxt ... m.apk?dl=0

savagepagan
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby savagepagan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 pm

rippin686 wrote:You can use a app like this to create shortcuts to apps that don't show on launcher.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj7rmgpilmoxt ... m.apk?dl=0

Thanks. Just what I needed.

Dramosith
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Dramosith » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:54 am

how to make screenshot Oreo TV shield?

Otisrhw
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Otisrhw » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:40 am

Every time I open Google Assistant or someone in the house says,"hey, Google" it opens and everything starts freezing up and force closing. Any ideas?

Rechims
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Rechims » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Lenana wrote:Unfortunately I was unable to install this ROM. I'm on 7.2.3 shield pro 2017. Everything flashes successfully but the device never goes past the colourful loading (booting) screen. I am hoping zulu99 will release another version that will be compatible with all devices.

It might help if you boot into fastboot with the controller pressing AB, than choose factory reset.

I had the same thing on Shield 2017 16GB, I got an error with the -w command, didn't pass the Android animation. But factory reset solved it.

Lenana
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby Lenana » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:20 am

Rechims wrote:
Lenana wrote:Unfortunately I was unable to install this ROM. I'm on 7.2.3 shield pro 2017. Everything flashes successfully but the device never goes past the colourful loading (booting) screen. I am hoping zulu99 will release another version that will be compatible with all devices.

It might help if you boot into fastboot with the controller pressing AB, than choose factory reset.

I had the same thing on Shield 2017 16GB, I got an error with the -w command, didn't pass the Android animation. But factory reset solved it.


Hey:) I managed to install it finally with the help of @zulu99. This is what I did.
1. Factory reset from boot loader. Took about 1 hr as I have a 500GB SSD.
2. I flashed developer 7.2.2 firmware from nvidia using the instructions provided at their website.
3. I then flashed over system.img and vendor.img from 'Full android v1.10' and alas! it booted!
4. I then installed magisk by patching boot.img from the developer 7.2.2 firmware using the magisk app then flashed it. Everything works well now.

Note: Flashing full android on developer 7.2.3 image resulted in broken wifi and bluetooth for me. But flashing on dev. 7.2.2 firmare fixed the radio issue.
I hope this post helps someone out there. Cheers!


Return to “Full Android firmwares for Shield Android TV, Nexus Player and PC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests