[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Veronica

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by Veronica »

hugh a wrote:@Veronica any idea if theme apps like substratum or layers will work on this rom?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... substratum
No idea but will give it a go later and let you know.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

Veronica wrote:
hugh a wrote:@Veronica any idea if theme apps like substratum or layers will work on this rom?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... substratum
No idea but will give it a go later and let you know.
thanks V! I did some research and couldnt seem to get straight answer, i had bad experience once with layers (bootloop) on another rom and nandroid wouldent fix had to fastboot, ,though ied check with u before i tried, it would be cool if it works , with hundredes of themes and mods available , thanks for all the info u share !
chawoja06@gmail.com

Post by chawoja06@gmail.com »

Got past my fastboo issues, Only issue i am having is with the mouse on the controller right stick is not being able to click. Droidmode client and server are enabled. So then I enabled Gamepad2Touch and also Touchmouse, the cursore moves around but i cant click on anything with it, and i am getting errors saying touchmouse and gamepad2touch require a touch profile.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

chawoja06@gmail.com wrote:Got past my fastboo issues, Only issue i am having is with the mouse on the controller right stick is not being able to click. Droidmode client and server are enabled. So then I enabled Gamepad2Touch and also Touchmouse, the cursore moves around but i cant click on anything with it, and i am getting errors saying touchmouse and gamepad2touch require a touch profile.
To Click, you must press the Left Trigger.

The normal mouse is the black cursor, the touch mouse is the red cursor.

Without a touch profile loaded, you can't enable gamepad2touch or touch mouse.

You can find many touch profiles in the link inside the description of my videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B9D757086B

Double checked everything, you must only read this page to understand how drodimote work:
http://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

P.S.
In case you really have problem clicking on something, try disable the rotation apps.
I know one of this that create problems. But create problems also to hardware mouses.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
JSmitty32

Post by JSmitty32 »

Hey zulu. My bootloader can't be unlocked using fastboot oem unlock. It literally tells me "device cannot be unlocked". What do you think? I tried getting some help from another site but you are the master at this stuff
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

JSmitty32 wrote:Hey zulu. My bootloader can't be unlocked using fastboot oem unlock. It literally tells me "device cannot be unlocked". What do you think? I tried getting some help from another site but you are the master at this stuff
I was the one assisting you in the other site. You haven't answered my last question there. Zulu99 will be away for 3 days so I'm in charge.
Anyhow your issue is considered off topic here.
Basically your last hope is TWRP if you aren't able to boot to Android. I already have zulu99 suggestions, same as i thought. Reply in the other site.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
alexamex

Post by alexamex »

Hi there,

I have succesfully flashed Full android nougat to my shield tv 2015.

However, Ethernet port doesn't seem to work. Wifi works fine as long as the ethernet cable is unplugged.

Thanks.

Alex
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

alexamex wrote:Hi there,

I have succesfully flashed Full android nougat to my shield tv 2015.

However, Ethernet port doesn't seem to work. Wifi works fine as long as the ethernet cable is unplugged.

Thanks.

Alex
I removed your first post as is a double post. As new user your first 3 posts need to be approved before they can ve seen.
Ethernet works fine, your​ report is the first of this kind. Check your network cable and ip settings in case you set up a static ip, also make sure you don't have installed an app that could block it.
tmaniac

Post by tmaniac »

Got a Shield 16GB 2015 last weekend and installed this rom on the shield.
Everything works like a charm.

Thank you for your hard work!

Learning my self to use the gamepad for the mouse...tricky!

I do have 1 question though (perhaps slightly off-topic) i have a DreamScreen device attached to my AVR for my ambilighting.
This device does not send the correct EDID information to the shield.

Do you know of a way to use a custom EDID file? (for example in Ubuntu you can tell xorg.conf to load a custom edid.bin when using Nvidia drivers)

Edit:
I downloaded the latest Netflix for android tv apk from apk mirror.
The problem I'm facing now is a large grey bar on the button of the screen.
I am running in full immersive mode, anything I might need to change?
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

tmaniac wrote:Got a Shield 16GB 2015 last weekend and installed this rom on the shield.
Everything works like a charm.

Thank you for your hard work!

Learning my self to use the gamepad for the mouse...tricky!

I do have 1 question though (perhaps slightly off-topic) i have a DreamScreen device attached to my AVR for my ambilighting.
This device does not send the correct EDID information to the shield.

Do you know of a way to use a custom EDID file? (for example in Ubuntu you can tell xorg.conf to load a custom edid.bin when using Nvidia drivers)

Edit:
I downloaded the latest Netflix for android tv apk from apk mirror.
The problem I'm facing now is a large grey bar on the button of the screen.
I am running in full immersive mode, anything I might need to change?
full immersive mode (hide status and navigation bar)? that was not a problem in older versions of netflix for android TV, i can't test now because i also have the build.prop edit to completely remove soft navbar. Watch the video on second post and try it if you want, it should be fixed after a reboot.
Please note those are app issues not firmware, as i said Netflix didn't have that problem before only Amazon Video app.