Bypass hardware controller proxy

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
mzeyrek

Bypass hardware controller proxy

Post by mzeyrek »

Hi,

I have Logitech F710 gamepad and rooted iMito MX1. I've seen a few videos and read most of the topics. I would like to ask if i can connect gamepad directly to android tv or not ? I can see in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6W3Dq_yqQ you've connected phone with client app to tablet server and connected same gamepad to the phone. all the buttons emulated from client to server. However i want to bypass this connectivity and get my gamepad directly work on android tv. Is that possible ? If so can you guide me how to do that ?

Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Bypass hardware controller proxy

Post by zulu99 »

From android 4.3 (that you not have for now, but in little time all rk3066 and rk3188 will have android 4.4), you can connet the client and the server on the same device and use the droidmoteime.

This mean that you can use also your controller directly to your android hdmi stick and use the touch profiles of DroidMote to play multitouch games, like in this video:

But this is good for tablet or phone (device with touch screen). Instead for a device without touch screen like your android hdmi stick, the best solution is to control it with droidmote client on a phone and attach the controller to the phone.

This because you need some multi-touch gestures and in many games a real mouse not work. In this way you can use all the power of droidmote client (multitouch functionality) and at same time you can use also your controller. A controller work better attached to your phone that directly attached to the android hdmi stick. The input devices connected directly to an android hdmi stick, degrade performance and the wireless dongle create interference on wifi signal. (try by yourself to understand)

read this page to know DroidMote Client http://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
mzeyrek

Post by mzeyrek »

thanks for the reply. Actually I was able to progress somehow but buttons are not mapping as I want. For example button X on my Logitech its not same in the server. Really got confused, found a simple game like Heliumboy demo, I've set left stick and buttons on screen however X Y A B buttons never ever worked. Somehow played with X mode and D mode on gamepad but no success.
Actually I bought this F710 after watching your movie and decided to proceed with it. Any guide for example swiping all around in angry birds or so button mapping would be great.

Thanks again
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

mzeyrek wrote:thanks for the reply. Actually I was able to progress somehow but buttons are not mapping as I want. For example button X on my Logitech its not same in the server. Really got confused, found a simple game like Heliumboy demo, I've set left stick and buttons on screen however X Y A B buttons never ever worked. Somehow played with X mode and D mode on gamepad but no success.
Actually I bought this F710 after watching your movie and decided to proceed with it. Any guide for example swiping all around in angry birds or so button mapping would be great.

Thanks again
The mode must be D

Look if in the server device you have all configurations files: first lines of this page http://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm

Your android device with droidmote client installed what version of android have ? Do you have the default keylayout file /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c219.kl
for Logitech F710 controller that is present in all new android versions ?

Without the keylayout file the controller can't work well on android. You need it and by default is already installed in new versions of android.

For angry bird you can use only the touchpad. Longpress to select and drag the bird.

Update:
Also if you already have the keylayout file in client device, try to copy the keylayout attached to this post. It have a different content. The right content for F710. Don't forget to assign the same permissions of the previous keylayout. A keylayout without good file permission not work. I usually assign to it 777. I suggest to use es file explorer: remount the system folder read / write, copy the new keylayout file, assign the same permissions of the old file.

The problem is that when the F710 is in D mode in android it use the logitech rumble pad 2 keylayout. Instead the right mapping is the one inside the keylayout file Vendor_046d_Product_c21f.kl. i swapped the content of the two files. (This to explain why x is not x).

All this to be precise, because also without change nothing, usually in android games with gamepad support you can assign a button to an action in the controller customization menu. Another way to customize the controller button when the game not a have a customization menu, is changing in the server device the file /system/usr/keylayout/droidmote.kl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto